Saturday, June 12, 2010

Moving In Together

Beware those relationships that go wayyyyy to smoothly in the beginning. Beware the man that is over the top gracious, opens doors for you, pays all the bills, incredibly generous, and is seemingly perfect for you. There is no such thing as perfect. I am not perfect. Why I expected to find something that didn't exist, was beyond me.

Perhaps I fell into the "finding my prince" trap, although if you could see my ex, he is the farthest thing away from being a prince (I guess love is truly blind)! We are brought up with these ridiculous notions that love is grand, the world is a beautiful place, and that your prince will come along, sweep you off your feet, and you will live happily ever after... Wrong, he was a BIG toad, but I was determined to make him into a prince. One more mistake I made. A square never fits in a round hole!!! If he isn't what is right for you, stop making him the one, or ignoring the fact that he never will be...


So we rented our first place together after only knowing each other for a short while, love is a wondrous drug, which sometimes limits our rational thought! It was a bit of a dump, but it had what we needed, 2 bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom, living room, dingy basement. The idea being that the second bedroom would be my "creating" room.

Beware the man who seemingly supports your endeavours (though secretly resents you for it). I saw the first part, blindly oblivious to the second. What one often "loves" about a person is often the thing that one "hates" the most in the end.

I think I wanted, and needed someone to complete me, someone to be the perfect idea that I had in my head, that I was determined that was how my life was going to happen - regardless of what was actually happening... and thus while trying to "create" my fairytale romance, his hooks kept getting deeper and deeper...

13 comments:

Kimberly Walker said...

Hilarious... I love your blog! Love the title... love the writing... I am now following and can't wait to read your next post!
I will grab your button and put it on my blog... I'm presently doing updates, so once I figure out the new Blogger template you'll see it there!
All the best,
Kim

Kimberly Walker said...

Oh, I thought you had a button... I must be losing my mind!
Let me know when you have one that I can place on my blog!!
All the best,
Kim

Cheryl said...

Hi thanks for visiting Scrubby Bush and following me. Welcome to the world of blogging, I only joined two months ago and I'm now fully addicted. I think you need a few more options on your poll - none currently fit me, I need something like "Been there, done that" or "Did and like you saw the light". Interesting first two posts so I'll follow along as I thnk your story may help me.

Liz said...

I had to come over just based on the title of your blog! :) I've never been to a blog this new! Good luck getting started! It sounds like you have a lot of material to work with.

Izabelle said...

I am on the edge of my seat...wanting more....

The Sole Sisters Collective said...

Great blog.Perhaps you will like to share a story on the Sole Sisters? I love the honesty here.

Holly Renee said...

It kind of sounds like you are describing the "nice guy" here. There are books on it. It's guys who act really nice, but they are really not at all. They have a lot of pent up rage and it will come out eventually. Can't wait to read more.

Shayna said...

The hard part is how to see that secret resentment, the less than sincere enthusiasm... As a girl who is still looking for Mr. Right, I have to say, it is more than a little scary when I begin to date a man, because I'm always leery of what's beyond the exterior... Looking forward to reading more!

ELMDyck said...

"Kicked him to the curb" Congratualtions on conquering the battle! I am still fighting for mine right now but us women, we're stronger then they think we are! Thank for stopping by my community! Best wishes to you! ELMDyck!

Suzie Q said...

SO much love and support, who says we are a world devoid of feeling? Keep reading, this is my journey, the retelling of what I have learned. Although I am still learning, my goal is to maybe help "catch" someone who has fallen into one of these webs...

Kelly said...

Yep, those "hooks" can be quite sharp...

Suzie Q said...

I have a button :)

Suzie Q said...

Keep reading :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...